Lesson 9 – I see nothing as it is now.
Keys to this Lesson
It’s unlikely you will understand what this lesson means yet but that’s okay.
In fact, if you’re in the place where you’re able to admit to yourself that you do not understand what the means, you’re ahead of the game.
The main concern at this point is the practice.
- Keep practicing the lessons as stated with an open mind and eventually the experiences that will help you to understand the lessons will come naturally.
- You may notice yourself feeling a little disturbed at this idea.
- Perhaps you notice some questioning in your mind, a little frustration, mild irritation or impatience creeping in. If you do, that’s great!
- These are examples of the subtle resistances to the ideas in the lessons.
- They are resistances to awakening.
- Tell yourself, these are normal reactions and it’s okay.
- Don’t worry about it and move on with the practice.
These exercises, for which three or four practice periods are sufficient, involve looking about you and applying the idea for the day to whatever you see, remembering the need for its indiscriminate application, and the essential rule of excluding nothing.
Begin with things that are nearest you, and then extend the range outward:
I do not see that computer as it is now.
I do not see that guitar as it is now.
I do not see that kitty cat as it is now.
Remember, specific exclusion must be avoided. If you find yourself subtly excluding things, that would be another form of resistance.
Everything applies and it’s okay.
Since you’re here… …we have a small favor to ask. More people are reading our posts, listening to our audios and watching our videos than ever before but far fewer are donating for it. As an all-volunteer ministry, you can see why we need to ask for your help. MiraclesOne provides ACIM resources freely however it takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe in encouraging others to practically apply the Course principles in their lives – because it might just make the one difference in your life. If everyone who reads, listens or watches and likes what we offer helps to pay for it we can continue to afford our expenses and keep our resources FREE to all ACIM Students. Monthly Donors receive free gifts in appreciation for their support.
2 thoughts on “Keys: Lesson 9”
I see nothing as it is now and I never have!
Hindsight is always 20/20. It’s a perfectly human quality. I don’t need to know. I’m more peace when I don’t.
Me too! ~ Deb