Lesson 6 – I am upset because I see something that is not there.
Keys to this Lesson
Same as previous lessons
- Name form of upset and perceived source
- I am angry at BREAKING MY FAVORITE PIECE OF JEWELRY because I see something that is not there.
- I am worried about NOT GETTING THE JOB THAT I INTERVIEWED FOR because I see something that is not there.
Use throughout the day if anything upsets you
- 3-4 practice periods should be preceded by a 1 min. of mind searching
If resistance is present:
- There are no small upsets. They are all equally disturbing to my peace of mind.
- I cannot keep this form of upset and let the others go. For the purposes of these exercises, then, I will regard them all as the same.
Once again, not to analyze why the upset is there.
It is to acknowledge that I am upset because there is something behind the upset, but not necessarily WHAT the upset is really about.
We don’t want to jump ahead in what Jesus is teaching us.
This is mind-training and we take it