LESSON 5 – I am never upset for the reason I think.
Keys to this Lesson
Use with any person, situation or event that is upsetting you
- Apply specifically to the seeming cause
- Upsets could be: fear, worry, depression, anxiety, anger, hatred, jealousy and the like
- They are not different
- Any upset by whatever name is disturbing my peace
Name the form and the believed cause
- I am not angry at “Uncle Joe” for the reason I think.
- I am not afraid of “not meeting my bills for the month” for the reason I think.
Do not decide which upsets to use
- There are no small upsets – all are equally disturbing
If you find yourself less willing to apply to some rather than others
I cannot keep this form of upset and let the others go. For the purpose of these exercises, then, I will regard them all the same.
Search your mind and identify the different forms regardless of importance
- I am not worried about “my medical test results” for the reason I think.
- I am not depressed about “my child going away to college” for the reason I think.
3-4 times today
We are not to analyze the lesson or figure out what we think we are really upset about.
- We are to practice the lesson as given.
- Stay in the moment with the lesson.
- Jesus will give us the rest as we proceed each day.