These are short written explanations
Introduction to Workbook
- The purpose is mind-training and a shift in our current perceptions.
- The exercises are simple and don’t require a lot of time.
- Set the priority – Set the commitment.
- Use everything and everyone that comes into your mind and life experience for the lessons.
- The aim is to extend the ideas that you will be practicing to EVERYTHING.
- No effort on your part.
- Do not stress if you do not do the lesson “perfectly.” That is the ego judging.
- As you remember, then, do the practice.
- Don’t be anal. Don’t be flippant.
- Be gentle with yourself, and know that this is a loving path that you are embarking on for this year.
W-in.8. Some of the ideas the workbook presents you will find hard to believe, and others may seem to be quite startling. 2 This does not matter. 3 You are merely asked to apply the ideas as you are directed to do. 4 You are not asked to judge them at all. 5 You are asked only to use them. 6 It is their use that will give them meaning to you, and will show you that they are true.
W-in.9. Remember only this; you need not believe the ideas, you need not accept them, and you need not even welcome them. 2 Some of them you may actively resist. 3 None of this will matter, or decrease their efficacy. 4 But do not allow yourself to make exceptions in applying the ideas the workbook contains, and whatever your reactions to the ideas may be, use them. 5 Nothing more than that is required.
Read Through the Lesson
- Initial Insights that come to you – What does today’s lesson mean to me? How do I understand it? Holy Spirit, I ask you to clarify the meaning for me.
- Practical Application – How can I apply this lesson in my life right now?
- Insights – My message FROM Holy Spirit as I sit with and practice the lesson.
- Gratitude – My message of heartfelt gratitude to the Holy Spirit.
Since you’re here… …we have a small favor to ask. More people are reading our posts, listening to our audios and watching our videos than ever before but far fewer are donating for it. As an all-volunteer ministry, you can see why we need to ask for your help. MiraclesOne provides ACIM resources freely however it takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. But we do it because we believe in encouraging others to practically apply the Course principles in their lives – because it might just make the one difference in your life. If everyone who reads, listens or watches and likes what we offer helps to pay for it we can continue to afford our expenses and keep our resources FREE to all ACIM Students. Monthly Donors receive free gifts in appreciation for their support.